[ Back Pain Treatment ] Causes and Symptoms
The most acute back pain gets better with a few weeks of home back pain treatment. Over-the-counter pain relievers and the use of ice or heat might be all you need. Bed rest is not recommended. Continue your activities as much as you can tolerate. Try a light activity, such as activities and walking of daily living. Stop the activity that intensify the pain, but don’t avoid activity out of fear of pain. If home back pain treatment isn’t working after several weeks, your doctor might suggest stronger medications or other therapies.
Medications for Back Pain Treatment
Depending on the type of back pain you have, your specialist might recommend the following:
- If OTC pain relievers don’t relieve the pain, your doctor might recommend prescription NSAIDs.
- Muscle relaxants. If mild to acute back pain doesn’t improve with OTC pain relievers, your doctor may also recommend a muscle relaxant. Muscle relaxants can make you dizzy and sleepy.
- Topical pain relievers. These are creams, salves or ointments you rub into your skin at the site of your pain.
- Over-the-counter pain relievers. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB) or naproxen sodium (Aleve), might relieve acute back pain. Take these medications as directed by your specialist, because overuse can cause serious side effects.
- Certain drugs, such as hydrocodone or codeine or, may be used for a short time with close supervision by your doctor.
Antidepressants. Low doses of certain types of antidepressants, mostly tricyclic antidepressants, such as amitriptyline have been shown to relieve some kinds of chronic back pain, independent of their effect on depression.
Injections. If other measures do not relieve your pain and if your pain releases down your leg, your doctor may inject cortisone an anti-inflammatory medicine or numbing medicine into the space around your spinal cord. A cortisone injection helps reduce inflammation around the nerve roots, but the pain relief frequently lasts less than a few months.
Physical Therapy and Exercise for Back Pain Treatment
Physical therapy is the foundation of back pain treatment. A physical therapist can apply a variety of treatments, such as electrical stimulation, ultrasound, heat and muscle-release techniques, to your back muscles and soft tissues to reduce pain. As the pain improves, the therapist can teach exercises that you can increase your strengthen and flexibility of your back and abdominal muscles, and improve your posture. Regular use of these procedures can help prevent pain from returning.
Back Pain Surgery
Few people need surgery for back pain treatment. If you have unrelenting pain associated with radiating progressive muscle weakness or leg pain caused by nerve compression, you may benefit from surgery. Otherwise, surgery commonly is reserved for pain related to structural problems, such as narrowing of the spine or a herniated disk, that hasn’t responded to other therapy.
Back Pain Treatment at Physiotherapy Hospital
Physiotherapy Hospital is the first Chinese hospital in Lahore that provide physiotherapy and other services. We have Chinese specialist doctors and their experience is more than 20 years. We are providing best back pain treatment in Lahore by Chinese doctors and Chinese herbal medicines. If you want any other information about back pain treatment then you can call us 03171172688 or live chat with our experts…!