Migraine Headache Treatment in Lahore | Causes | Symptoms
The initial phase in thwarting your continuous migraines is figuring out what sort of cerebral pain you are fighting. Some of the time cerebral pains are an indication of another illness or condition at times there is no evident reason. Investigate your cerebral pain signs and manifestations. Your specialist may recommend you keep a cerebral pain journal to help analyze your migraine sort with headache treatment. The Record when your cerebral pains happen, going with side effects and any potential triggers, for example, sustenance, changes in rest or stress.
There are different type of headache such as tension type headache. Common tension headache symptoms are listed here.
- May cause mild to moderate pain on both sides of the head
- May be experienced as a tight band of pain around your head, a dull ache or pressure
- Can be occasional
- May be triggered by stress, neck strain, missed meals, depression, anxiety or lack of sleep
- Last from 30 minutes to a week
- Vary widely in frequency
- May occur more than 15 days a month (chronic)
Most intermittent tension-type headaches are easily treated with over-the-counter medications such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin and Acetaminophen. Daily prescription medications, including tricyclic antidepressants that can handle tension-type headaches. Medications combined with behavior therapies that may be more effective with the help of headache treatment. Moreover, alternative headache treatment aimed to help in stress reduction. They include Relaxation training, Biofeedback, Meditation, Massage and gentle neck stretches, Cognitive behavioral therapy and Heat therapy and these are the alternative method of headache treatment.
If your headache is throbbing and severe then it leads towards migraines. The prevalence of migraines is three times more as compared to men. The main causes of migraines are listed here.
- Cause pain that is moderate to severe and may pulsate
- Worsen with daily activity
- Last from four to 72 hours without treatment
- May affect only one side of your head or may affect both sides of your head
- Cause nausea, vomiting, or increased sensitivity to light or sound
Migraine headache treatment is aimed at dismissing the headache symptoms and preventing additional attacks. If you know the main reasons that triggers your migraines, avoiding those triggers and learning how to manage them may help inhibit and lessen migraine. Treatment may include:
Migraine Headache Treatment
- Massage and small amounts of caffeine
- Rest in a quiet, dark room
- Hot or cold compresses to your head or neck
- Preventive medications, such as metoprolol tartrate, propranolol, amitriptyline, divalproex sodium (Depakote, Depakote ER, Depakote Sprinkle) or topiramate.
- Prescription medications including triptans, such as sumatriptan (Imitrex) and zolmitriptan
- Over-the-counter medications such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others), acetaminophen, and aspirin
- Transcranial magnetic for migraine with aura
Chronic migraines and chronic tension type headache are type of chronic headaches are those that occur after 15 days or more a month. Other common types of chronic daily headaches include hemicrania continua and new daily persistent. These types of headaches are characterized by their duration and frequency.
Migraine Headache treatment with a primary disease often stops chronic daily headaches. If headaches are not caused by other health issues, treatment focuses on preventive medication. For chronic migraines, for example, tricyclic antidepressants that may help prevent future migraines.